Are you a visual person?
Do you love photography? ACOR is seeking to recruit immediately an unpaid intern or a volunteer to work with the Project Archivist on an ongoing project to scan and digitize photographs that are part of archival holdings of the ACOR library.
- Excellent spoken English language ability
- University student or recent graduate
- Responsible and self-organized
- Willing to take direction and learn new skills
- Experienced or interested in photography and digital media
What to Expect:
- Work 8-12 hours a week as a volunteer on a regular schedule at a computer workstation with scanning equipment
- Carefully handle original photographic materials (slides, negatives, prints, etc.) under direction of the Project Archivist
- Opportunity to learn a lot about photography and advanced digitization techniques while learning about the history of Jordan
- See https://photoarchive.acorjordan.org/ to understand more about the photo archive project and see acorjordan.org to learn more about ACOR
- Prepare a brief cover letter detailing any experience you may have had with museums, archives, photography and digitization and explaining why you are interested in this volunteer opportunity
- Send your cover letter and CV to Mrs. Sarah Harpending, ACOR Assistant Director via email firstname.lastname@example.org
ACOR can only follow up with the most qualified candidates. Posted 18 September 2017